This dressing is my husband’s creation and current obsession. It’s a great go to for a dinner salad and easy to prepare quickly. And once you make a batch, it will last for awhile. The best thing is, you can use higher quality oil than what you see in 99% of store bought salad dressings and vinaigrettes, and it costs a fraction of the price you would pay for one made with good quality oils.
Basic Honey Mustard Salad Vinaigrette
- 1 Immersion Blender
- 1 Blender (alternatively)
- 1/4 cup mustard Dijon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vinegar white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper to taste
- Combine mustard, honey, and vinegar in a bowl.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil as you mix with the immersion blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
As you can see below, this recipe makes ~ 1 1/2 cups of vinaigrette. This is enough for approximately 24 servings of salad if you were to use 2 tablespoons to dress a salad.
Anne Marie Berggren RDN, MS, CDN, CNSC is a Registered Dietitian with a Master's Degree in Nutrition, training in integrative and functional nutrition, nutrition for mental health, obesity and weight management, is a board certified nutrition support clinician, and an adjunct professor for the Stony Brook Graduate Nutrition Program teaching advanced clinical nutrition.