It’s the end of July at the time of this post and peaches come home with every grocery trip, arrive with every delivered grocery order. Aside from simply enjoying a juicy peach in season, I’ve made a delicious peach cobbler and this granita.
Summer Peach and Lime Granita
This simple granita recipe is quick to prepare, refreshing, and celebrates the season.
- 1 blender
- 3 cups fresh peaches
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 drops Young Living lime oil if you do not have fresh lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Blend together peaches, sugar, salt, and lime until smooth.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 inch baking pan, though a smaller pan can work just fine as well.
- Place in the freezer for an hour. Remove from the freezer after an hour. At least the sides should be frozen. Use a fork to scrape the mixture. Place back into the freezer for another hour. Repeat the scaping every hour until frozen and flakey. At least 3 hours.
- Serve in 4 small dishes or glasses. Garnish with lime slices. Serve before it melts!
Switch up this recipe using alternate fresh fruits. Keep with the 3 cups of fruit, 1/4 cup sugar, lime and salt.