Turmeric Banana Smoothie
Here's a nutritious and delicious turmeric and banana smoothie recipe that combines the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric with the natural sweetness of bananas.
- 1 blender
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or non-dairy yogurt (e.g., almond, coconut, or soy)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp honey or maple syrup (optional, for added sweetness)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated (optional, for extra flavor)
- 1 pinch black pepper (optional, enhances turmeric absorption)
- Ice cubes (optional, for a colder smoothie)
- Slice the banana and gather all ingredients.
- Combine ALL of the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth. Add ice for a colder smoothie.
- Taste and adjust sweetness and ginger as desired. Blend to mix in any adjustments.
- Pour into a glass. May garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
This smoothie is great for breakfast, a snack, or as recovery drink post workout.