Turmeric, Ginger, and Garlic Marinade
Here's a simple recipe for a flavorful Turmeric, Ginger, and Garlic Marinade that can be used for chicken, tofu, vegetables, or your protein of choice.
- 1 bowl for mixing marinade
- 1 whisk
- 1 container for what you are marinating in sealable dish or plastic bag
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the Marinade Base: In a bowl, combine the olive oil, ground turmeric, minced garlic, and grated fresh ginger (if using). These ingredients will form the base of your marinade.
- Pour in the lemon juice.
- Add Sweetener (optional) honey or maple syrup.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk together until well incorporated.
- Marinate your protein or vegetables, placing protein (chicken, tofu, etc) or vegetables in a dish or plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the protein or vegetables.
- Cover and refridgerate for at least 30 minutes, but preferablly longer (2-4 hours or overnight) to allow the flavors to infuse.
- Cook your marinated ingredients. Grill, roast, or cook the marinated protein or vegetables. Enjoy!
Enjoy this aromatic and flavorful combination that will make your dish more anti-inflammatory, tender, and delicious!